Following are the rules for UltimateMinecraft.net (hereby referred to as ”UMC”). These rules will, where applicable, be valid for all of the services provided by UMC. The most up-to-date version will always be at the following web-address: “http://www.ultimateminecraft.net/rules”. A short-version of the rules will be available in game at spawn as well as through command /rules.
We reserve the right to change the rules at any time without prior notice, but will provide a notification in form of a news post at the main site (http://www.ultimateminecraft.net) when we do make an update. It is the player’s responsibility to know the rules at all times, and may be punished at any time for prior rule violation. All bans and/or disciplinary actions from UMC Staff may be appealed in our forums (http://www.ultimateminecraft.net/forum). Bans are made per player account and not on a person-basis. If it is obvious that a player is circumventing a ban by using another player account we reserve the right to ban that account as well based on the player’s previous actions.
- UMC defines griefing as deliberately, by any methods; conducting actions to or show intent to reverse another player’s progress. This includes, but is not limited to: block destruction, block creation, stealing, lava-/water-flooding, tree griefing, fire griefing.
- Inflicting harm on other players, directly or indirectly is strictly prohibited, except in areas where such has been explicitly allowed, and is clearly marked up as a “PvP”-area” (Player-versus-player).
- Players caught griefing will be issued a permanent server ban. If the player is online at the time the player is caught, the staff member may choose to issue the player a warning if the player fixes all grief they have conducted within a reasonable amount of time upon immediate acknowledgement that (s)he has read and understood the rules.
Illegal blocks/items (No TNT or invisibility potions)
- Due to the direct or indirect damage potential of the following blocks/items, they are disallowed from being crafted/held/used: TNT and invisibility potions.
- Using flint and steel/fire charges/fire/lava bucket/lava in the guest world is not allowed. It will be allowed in the other worlds, although completely at your own risk. Fire spread as well as ignition from lava will normally be disabled, but we make no guarantees that it will be. Should fire be used to inflict damage on structures that you do not own or as a way to destroy natural landscape you will be punished for it.
- First-time offense of possessing or using banned items/blocks will result in a warning as well as the item(s)/block(s) being taken away from the player, if the rule is violated several times, staff members may consider more harsh punishments such as a kick or a temporary server ban. Using fire as a way to destroy other builds will be considered griefing.
User interactions (Always be respectful)
- This rule will apply to any form of communication UMC provides, including but not limited to in-game chat, IRC-chat, Mumble voice services, forum posts and messages as well as site comments.
- Always treat all users with the same respect that you would wish to receive in return.
- Communication of a discriminatory character will not be tolerated. Discrimination consists of, but is not limited to, the following: race, gender, age, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, caste
- Inflammatory or extraneous behavior with the primary intent of provoking others into an emotional response (“Trolling”) is forbidden.
- Excessive swearing or otherwise needlessly offending others is not allowed.
- Please keep typing in all-capitalized letters to a bare minimum. (Caps lock)
- UMC is a family-friendly server and we advise our users to please bear in mind that many of our players are young; therefore we strongly encourage you to act accordingly.
- If the subject matter of a conversation disturbs another player, please take it to private chat.
- All public chat should be in English only – this is to ease moderation and make sure all players are kept part of the conversation. Private chat, e.g. /tell, may be used in any language.
- UMC practices free speech, it is your right to use, but should you choose to abuse it, it will not go unpunished.
- Punishment for these sorts of rule violations will be assessed at the discretion of UMC’s staff. It may include warnings, kick, muting/losing the ability to interact temporarily, temporary bans or permanent bans in extreme cases or on repeated offenses.
- UMC is first and foremost a survival server. Players with ability to spawn items/blocks are not allowed to spawn such for others. Asking for this several times may constitute a warning. If done repeatedly, it may constitute more severe punishments such as a kick or muting/losing the ability to interact temporarily.
- For larger, organized building projects, players may apply for item/block-contribution to our player-donated “UMiCef” through our forums. Make sure you read the UMiCef-guidelines prior to submitting an application.
- Any form of exploiting glitches/bugs present in Minecraft, our plug-ins or our server-software/hardware is strictly prohibited. This will lead directly to a permanent server ban and, depending on the severity, your IP may be blocked from interacting with UMC. Should your offence be deemed to be against any state, federal or international law, it may be reported to the government for criminal investigation/charges. Any client mod that gives you an unfair advantage over other players is also banned. Banned client mods include but are not limited to: fly mod, x-ray and speed hack.
- Using a stolen Minecraft-account will warrant a permanent ban.
- All client modifications (mods) that give you an unfair advantage over other players are banned. Banned client modifications include, but are not limited to: fly mod, x-ray, automation hacks, aimbot, etc, as well as speed hack. This will normally result in a permanent server ban. Should you appeal and be unbanned, all items/blocks you possess that could be considered a gain of your client modification will be taken away from you.
- If you come across any exploits that could be abused, it is your responsibility to not spread this information to other players. New exploits should be reported directly to a Game Master or Administrator, in-game on IRC or on our forums.
Building codes (Put effort into your build)
- All structures should show some effort to make them look somewhat aesthetically pleasing. Structures should not be built to negatively affect those around it.
- Keep the environment clean, do not destroy the natural landscape without purpose, the guest world should be the primary place to harvest materials.
- Constructing 1×1-towers/vertical shafts as well as placing blocks randomly is not allowed.
- Building structures that may be deemed offensive by other players is not allowed.
- Constructing structures that may inflict damage on other players is not allowed.
- Violating with the building codes may be punished by removal of the build, warning, temporary bans and permanent bans in extreme cases.
- Members are allowed to gather resources, included mining, but not build in the guest world. Making minor changes to a mine for practical reasons including the placement of chests to store tools and resources while mining is allowed but any valuables should be removed after the player moves on. Staff members are allowed to set up basic infrastructure around spawn including the building of roads using inexpensive materials. Keep in mind that the guest world is reset every Sunday and that no protections will be made here,
- Trespassing in player-made areas that have no natural access-point, or where it is stated by sign that you are not allowed to be in is not allowed. Using ender pearls to gain access to such areas is not allowed.
- Opening another player’s chest within a player-made structure without permission is not allowed.
- To whom it may concern, teleporting/summoning to other players or teleporting/summoning other players to yourself or others without consent is not allowed.
- Violations of this rule will result in warnings, temporary bans and on repeated offenses it may result in a permanent ban.
No spamming/No advertising
- UMC defines spamming as utilizing our messaging/publishing-systems to send/broadcast unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.
- Spamming through a client modification is strictly forbidden, and will result in a permanent ban.
- Limited spamming will result in a warning and kick, if done several times or continuously it will result in a permanent ban.
- Advertising other game servers that are not affiliated with UMC through any of our communications methods is not allowed and will result in a warning or kick and on repeated offenses it may lead to a permanent ban.
These rules apply for all users. There may be additional rules or guidelines that applies for your rank; if so, they will be posted at the appropriate place.